Sunday, July 13, 2014

Second Stop for the Delta Kayak Bass Series

The second stop on the Delta Kayak Bass Series is out of Tiki Lagun. I can not recall ever fishing this area before and did zero pre-fishing in the area leading up to this event. I hope this lack of knowledge will help me because I will have to rely on my instincts on were to go and what to throw.

I just got home from the second event, wow got the bites unfortunately they were dinks. The full moon last night did not help fishing. I personally had to cover lots for water, I paddle about 4 miles total today, I started with bladed jig, but no takers so switched over to the spybait. I was casting and trolling the spybait, around the submerged weeds and that started getting bites, I had 9 bass today, and three stripers the best stripers was about 3 lbs but they do not count for our tournament. I switched back to the bladed jig and got two short bits on the trailer but no hookups. I the big bass of the tournament was 8 lbs lots of 15" and a few 23".

Jackll Iprop in bluegill, on 6lb fluorocarbon 15' leader connected to 50lb braid on Powell extra fast spinning rod

I will be trying work on a YouTube video on how I am using a spybait in my kayak.

No comments:

Post a Comment