Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kayak Fishing

I have made several trips down to Headwaters Kayak Shop in Lodi. I have been asking there fishing pros, the owner and other employes about kayak fishing. We have talked about everything from what kayak, paddle, PDF, depth finders and how to rig the boat. They are always very helpful and never make me feel presurerd to walk out with a boat, they want you to be comfortable in shop and on the water. Headwater kayak shop are pushing beyond what is stock on a kayak and making custom and practical solution to kayak fishing, adding standup bars to both the Jackson kayak Kilroy and Cuda that looks factory but is truly custom.
As for me I was sold on kayak fishing after my fist trip in to the shop in December of 2013, I just needed to make sure I was ready personally to take on this new hobby. I have been on the water since I was 6 months old, and had a pole in my hands shortly after. But all my fishing was on 16-21 foot bass boats. But as I got older and started my own family, I just was not sure if I wanted to take on another monthly bill, by going out and get a bass boat. My parents and my brother both have one why do I need one? So looking at some alternatives I looked into kayaks. Besides the opening cost of the boat, no gas, virtually no maitanince and lots of water near by my home in the 209. I was finally able to find a day so I went down and scheduled a guided trip planed for Monday April 21, 2014. Looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment