Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 3 Bass fishing

Second day on the water for 2016, back out a Lake Camanche. My brother wanted redemption and he is pre-fishing for a tournament on the 17th of this month. Still started the morning of with a late start 9:10 am launch. But much better weather, sunny, no fog and no wind. We went main body looking for more Rock walls that had most day sun. The water temp was much warmer and that seamed to be the key two days earlier. Having terminal tackle we could tie on some drop shots and my brother hooked his first fish at 11:42 am and a second at 11:58am.  Bang my bother got the monkey off this back. He hooked into a third fish a better fish that I helped him land so I just flipped my bail open and landed the fish and weighed him. 2lbs 10oz. As I pick up my rod to start fishing I am snagged on the bottom I work the boat back and try to free it as it come free on one of my pops. On slack line a fish hit it and I set. reel him in a another pounder. Four fish in one sport time to move when pre-fishing. I we moved to a new spot we fished two days before. a little more slower this time my brother hooked his fourth keeper.  We grinded the bank but could not get a second bite.  So we went to new main body bluff point.  I tossed a little more shallow and worked it to deep. I got bit, set the hook and bam just like that we caught our limit fish and last fish of the day.  A better day on the water than new years day, double the fish count, air temp was warmer and water almost got to 51*

No comments:

Post a Comment