Sunday, January 17, 2016

January 1st 2016 Bass fishing

My brother and I went up to Lake Camanche, knowning it was going to be cold we waited to launch until 9am. As soon as my brother backed the boat in a jumped in he goes "shit! I don't have any terminal tackle it all at home". Well having just payed $28 bucks we were not going home to get it. So we tossed jigs, senko, and what ever was tied on to the rods we brought. We went up in the narrows along with what seemed like most everyone else.  The fog and wind came up, very unpredictable from the weather reports. I had to get more heavier gloves on. With no bites we made a move about 11:30 to main body to one of the few places we fish that were still covered by water. I caught my first fish deep on a plastic worm on dart head yeah he had some odds and ends stuff and we made it work. This fish had a weird broken back but we put it back no photos.  I snagged and re-tied the same thing moved down the bank and a second fish. Booyah, what looked like a crapshoot day was looking up.  Brother put it back in the water, and I turned the boat around. We made a second pass, no luck moved to our third honey hole. My brother had one bite, set and fought for a few seconds and then off.  Made one more stop at "spybait point" we named it that because last winter I would catch one off the point with a spybait. Well this time it was to cold for that. I pulled that dart head up slope...tick tick, set on my third fish of the day. Only three fish all a pound to pound 8.  Nothing too crazy but fish.
 
Water down 58 feet from spillway
Temp 48*-50*
Bass on the bottom

No comments:

Post a Comment