Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Close Fall

Last night had to take the dog to the vet, about 12:35 am my son was still awake with no signs of sleeping, tripped and fell on top of my little dog Rambo.  My wife and I feared the worst as I picked him up and he was not moving, stiff and this tongue was hanging out the side of his mouth, and was barely breathing. I rushed him down to the 24 hour vet hospital, were they did x-rays and ultrasound to look for internal injuries. It was a 30 lbs. boy falling on a 6 lbs. dog. Luckily no broken bones or ruptured organs, but had shallow breathing, the vet wanted to kept him overnight for observations. I got a call from the vet at 5:55 am and she said "Rambo was doing fine breathing was better, come and pick him up about 8:00 am". So a very close call, from a baby's fall but Rambo is now resting comfortably and back home. We feel very lucky to have him with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment