Thursday, August 21, 2014

3rd Stop for Delta Kayak Bass series

This was the 3rd and final stop for Delta Kayak Bass Series out of Tower Park Marina. Takeoff was at 6:30 and what a great day for kayak bass fishing. With Nick the informative fisherman and his camera man on site I did not hesitate to hook up with two dinks right off the bat. I continue drifting with the current throwing up current with my Spiderbait and I caught a number of dinks one bluegill. As I near the end of the bank I switched over to a chatter bait and caught my first keeper of the day just barely going to 13 inches.
 I paddled across the way and fish the small island to catching five dinks on the spy bait and my Shellcracker G2. I made my way back up the canal towards the highway twelve side of Tower Park. Along the way I caught a second bluegill and three more dinks, as I entered the Terminous I switched to a black with red flake Zoom worm on the texas rig, I caught my second keeper going 13 1/2 inches and two other dinks.
As I was running out of time before the awayin I started fishing the shady side of Docks with both the spybait and Texas rig, I caught a striper on the Spiderbait and two fish on the Texas rig. With less than 10 minutes left in the tournament I pitched into a dock and got a quick nibble I set the hook but only came back with half of the worm, I quickly put a new worm back on  and Pitch back into the same spot, with a quick tick tick tick on the line I set the hook and it immediately ran under the dock. I thought to myself finally I caught that third keeper and he was going to be a good one, but it wasn't meant to be it wrap me around one of the pilings and popped off the line. So I just CPR my two fish for 26.5" and a series total of 40". But with my poor showing I will still be fishing next year in the DKBS.
  








 

No comments:

Post a Comment