Saturday, March 1, 2014

Range Time

3/1/2014
Only four years ago, I took up hunting and shooting. Now I have been on several ground squirrel hunts and prairie dog shoot as well. Well I finally found some time sight in my spikes tactical lower paired up bushmaster upper.  Well today is range day, I am bring out the spikes tactical and the m&p 15. Have another squirrel shoot coming up. Was lucky to have a friend has a covered 100yd range, because it raining in the 209 today, shooting with my father, wife today. The personal goal is to sight in the spikes with a sub 1 Moa. With the m&p 15 just get some trigger time. The wife need to run a few reloaded and trigger time on the m&p15. My dad wanted to work on scope adjustment for know distances.  I was pleases with the way the day went. Wife was on target with the m&p 15, so that was good to have her on the range. My spikes was a little less successful was able to get it sighted in at 100yds but  could not get a sub moa. The best group was 1.75 moa, I feel the trigger is a little heavy on the pull 7.5 lbs or more, in comparison to my bolt action rifle. By dads had the most success with this rifle, work, he now feels that he can adjust the scope for targets from 100-350 yds.












No comments:

Post a Comment